Friday, November 23, 2007

answer to life, the universe, and everything

"when you really want something to happen, the whole universe conspires so that your wish comes true"
-The Alchemist


Sometimes you get this itch to complete things that have been pending for a very long time. Like for the last couple of days, I've had this killing thirst to finish reading The Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy. I started reading this a couple of years back (well, yeah) but had to abandon for some reason I don't remember.

So there I was sitting in my office on a Friday evening. What better way to mark the end of the weekdays than to get H2G2 from a bookstore and make the best of a weekend?!

I went to Walden book store - pretty nice. Sadly, They were out of stock.

I din't lose heart - No Sir! I went straight to the City Center mall where they have the best book store in town - Crosswords. I made a dash to the fiction section and was amazed to find myself amidst huge racks of sci-fi. It did not take even a minute - I found the Douglas Adams shelf right in front of me. My heart leapt. I could already hear the drumming in my ears. I could easily see The Restaurant at the End of the Universe, Life the Universe and Everything, So Long and Thanks for All the Fish and even Mostly Harmless!!

Later, the man at the counter told me that the Hitchhiker's Guide to Galaxy is not expected to be in stock for the next 10 days.

Alchemist! Are You listening?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home