Saturday, June 17, 2006

... but you promised it would get activated by 5 pm!

All right. lets talk about something different now. Something in stark contrast to my previous and well debated post.

How many times has it happened that you bought a new prepaid sim card and it got activated when the dealer promised you it would? How many times has Domino's Pizza or Pizza Hut messed up your order?

How many times did you have to yell at that robot voiced customer care executive?

How many times have you actually got what was promised in on-the-phone customer services?

And they say India is the pinnacle of the service sector. Rubbish. I could fill this page with examples of bad service experiences. In fact it would be easier to mention the occasions when I actually got the quality of service I was promised.

Why is it so? Even after total computerization of records? Is the workforce to blame or the strange demands of the consumer? Or do i expect too much? (Asking them to stop sending you ads on Airtel is not bad enough to take 2 months I guess..)

I suppose this sector has still not matured in India. I don't know how it works in other parts of the world, but it always leaves me unsatisfied when I call any customer support service, and that is almost always so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home